Saturday, 22 December 2007

Means - Sending You Strength review

Means Sending You StrengthI've recently come across an album by a band called Means. These guys are Canadian Christian metal-core on Facedown Records. You're probably thinking the same thing I was... 'Here we go, another generic metalcore preach band.'

Well I couldn't have been more wrong. First of all, if I didn't tell you they were Christian (or on facedown) you wouldn't know it by reading their lyrics.... they're positive, empowering and about subjects we can all relate to, lifes struggles, family, friends, unity.

Secondly... i'm finding it hard to call them metalcore. I've been hooked on they're first album release Sending You Stength, March 07. They have all the great things in a hardcore band (along the lines of Comeback Kid) crew vocals, great vocals both scream and singing done by the guitarist, a little bit of mosh and catchy, speedy tunes that you cant help but getting excited about.

Musically this recording is flawless, there is nothing I would change and I love that... and it's not just a couple of songs, it's the whole album. Sure they don't break any boundaries but the crisp drumming, flowing sections and well planned guitars just make this an unbelievable release. I haven't been able to turn it off for a week now, but I also haven't played anything else and for me that says something. Lee is probably going nuts though.

Any hardcore fan should pick up this release, you wont be disappointed.

No comments: