Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Bow to your sensei

So, some for some strange reason i've not mentioned on here that I've started as a Sensei. I was given this because the last sensei @ Palmwoods dojo had to leave and handed the dojo over to me.

I've been sempai'ing this class and a couple others since the start of the year and officially since I started my sempai course after i graded to 3rd kyu on Mothers day 08 (I have also been graded at training since then). So running the dojo isn't a new concept, just the next step for me and my karate I guess.

Tonight was my first class(s) on my own and I think I did pretty well. I went over time because the Kids Club started late... all 3 of my students rocked up 20 minutes late so that put me off a bit, however I think i'll take a while getting used to the concept of keeping an eye on the time so I can fit everything in.

Although I'm going to have to get some control over the few kids in the Kids Club who continiously talk over me and don't listen to a thing they say. Shit I hate kids.... probably all the better coz it makes it easier to get up them and leave them out of fun things when they mess up.

Anyway, I think my students in the 2nd class will really get a lot more out of my classes than anything from the previous boreing bag of bones.

Anyway, so far so good.
Hit me up if you want to start karate, i'd love to share it with as many people as I can.

peacexxx

No comments: